WARNING – Before jumping into real action
Make sure to follow the instructions given in this post very carefully, I am not responsible if anything goes wrong!!!
Charge up phone’s battery to at least 3/4th of the full
Format memory card and remove it from phone during flashing
Now there are two scenarios
A) Flashing or Updating firmware of a Nokia phone (when the phone is in working condition)
- With Nokia Care Suite you can update your mobile to the latest available firmware (if it is running an older one) just like you can do via Nokia Suite. NCS can also download the official phone software from Nokia servers and update the phone. The only difference between Nokia Care Suite and Nokia Suite software update is that Nokia Suite can also backup phone data (and restore it after update process) while Nokia Care Suite will perform a clean install (all phone data will be deleted). Follow the steps given below
- If you already have phone’s firmware files (downloaded via Navifirm etc) then copy them to C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-XXX (where XXX is your phone’s specific RM code for example it will be RM-807 for Nokia 808PureView). Create the folders if they do not exist according to the path. You may refer to this post to know how to use Navifirm to download Nokia firmware files.
- However if you don’t have the firmware files then Nokia Care Suite can also download the latest firmware for your phone. To do it, launch NCS, at the main interface double click “Product Support Tool for Store”.
- At the opened window click “Tools / Firmware Download”. Enter your phone’s product code in the dialogue box (this code is usually 7 digit long in the format 0XXXXXX, you can find yours by dialing *#0000# at standby screen/dial pad). Click Check online button wait for a while as NCS connects to Nokia firmware servers and shows the current software variant, version and size info. Now click Download button (do not tick/select the Optional content files option). NCS will start downloading the files wait for the process to complete (a fast internet connection is recommended)
- After downloading completes, connect the phone with computer via data cable (in unlocked and ON condition). At “Product Support Tool for Store” window click Connection drop down button and select the USB phone connection. Wait for a while as NCS loads phone’s info.
- Now click the button Programming – Refurbish (at the bottom left)
- Refurbish window will show phone’s software info. Now Click “Start” button
- Wait for the process to complete and NCS will notify you of the success…..done!!!
- You can also use “Software Reset” option (instead of Refurbish) under Programming menu but this will reset phone’s software rather than a clean re-install.
- Nokia Care Suite Nokia Mobile Flashing
Nokia Care Suite Flashing :
B) Flashing/updating a dead phone (due to firmware corruption) in switched Off condition
Note – Please refer to this new updated post on dead phone USB flashing using Nokia Care Suite describing the process in detail.
The process given below is a little outdated and may or may not work depending upon phone model and NCS version –
- First exactly follow the steps 1 to 3 described above
- After downloading firmware files launch Nokia Care Suite. Double click “Product Support Tool for Store”
- At the opened window set connection to “No connection” (from drop down list at top left just below “File, View, Tools…. bar”). Now go to “File / Open Product”, find and select your phone’s RM-xxx from the opened box and click Open
- Now click “Programming – Recovery” (option button at the bottom left). At recovery window select the downloaded firmware and check/tick “Update automatically” and “USB Dead phone flashing” option boxes (may or may not be present according to NCS version) and click next. Connect the dead/bricked phone (in switched off condition) with computer via data cable (check that the phone is not getting ON when connected with computer, if it is then disconnect phone from data cable and take out the battery, now connect the phone again with data cable and then re-insert battery). NCS will start flashing the phone (if it does not then press and hold the power ON/OFF button for a few seconds), it may take several minutes so wait until the process completes…..if everything goes right you will get your phone back to life again
- If Nokia Care Suite asks you to sign in then select “Care Suite External” from the drop down list and click “Sign In”
- If you are flashing/updating the phone in ON condition then make sure to connect it with the computer in unlocked condition (without any security code enabled).
- If you can’t find the folder “C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products” then it is probably hidden. To make it visible go to “Folder options” menu via My Computer and enable “Show hidden files and folders” and disable “Hide protected operating system files”
- If your phone is not detected by Nokia Care Suite (in switched ON condition) then either it is not supported by this version of NCS or its drivers are not installed in computer. To see the phone models supported by your installed NCS version go to “Help/Supported Products”. If your phone model is listed there and it is still not detected then try installing latest version of Nokia Suite in computer and see if this solves the issue.
- If your phone is not supported by Nokia Care Suite then you can use Phoenix or JAF to flash it.
- You must flash the phone only with the current (installed in the phone) or newer firmware version. DO NOT use an older (than the currently installed one) version software to flash the phone as this may damage it for good.
- Installing drivers automatically
- start the installation process the program
- If you see the following message, then press Cancel
- If you get the message after pressing the OK
- ROM file
- folder C: \ ProgramData \ Nokia \ Packages for Windows 7 or 8 , or C: \ Documents and Settings \ All Users \ Application Data \ Nokia \ Packages for Windows XP . How open are as follows: Open My Computer rùi copy the link above and paste into the address bar of My Computer rùi Enter
- Flash ROM, ROM Up
- Run the program by double-clicking Icon Launch Nokia Care Suite
- Double click on Product Support Tool For Store 5.0
- Choose Work Offline
- In File select Open Product
- Type 846 if used Lumia 620 or 914 if taken Lumia 520, then Open or Enter
- Press the progamming and select Recovery
- List ROM appeared and you click Start (if more ROM then press select on 1 piece)
- The program will check the file ROM
- Wait one moment the program will inform you as follows
- Turn off the phone and then plug cable 1 USB to phone (definitely miss home plug) 1 plug the other end into the computer where no decent
- put 2 fingers left button Volume Down button and Power (2 colored buttons that on TV), not holding hands like dau.cu press
- Move the cursor on the button Retry as shown in
- Hand led to cable USB port remaining close to the USB of your computer, plug the dentist prepares
- Press 2 keys and Volume Down button and Power in the 2nd step. Immediately plug the cable right hand USB to the computer (plug definitely decent) and t phone to vibrate or light . Then quickly press the mouse button Retry
- If any message appears on the left used to do manually. Who burned the first time as well.
- If this message appears, you click OK
- Phone will reboot in install mode
- Then proceed Flash ROM , ROM Up
- At this point the phone will display
- You wait for about 5 minutes, stop fiddling with anything that is done offline
- Wait for the phone to boot is finished!
- Its done.